3 months ago
As one of the SAFRAN Group's high-tech companies, Safran Electrical & Power groups all of SAFRAN's electrical power system businesses for the aviation market, encompassing aircraft electrical systems (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration and support services), along with engineering services for the aerospace, auto and rail sectors.
Already a recognized leader in power electronics, Safran Electrical & Power actively supports Safran's strategy in the fast-growing market for "more electric" aircraft. Safran Electrical & Power is a center of expertise in aircraft electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS), power systems, wiring and advanced engineering, making it the world's leading supplier of equipment for "more electric" aircraft.
Safran Electrical & Power's industrial activities are organized to serve our markets and customers with locations throughout the world.
Headquartered out of Blagnac, France, our workforce spans over 14,200 talented employees. SAFRAN's workforce includes over 70,000 employees.
We currently have a position available for a Internal Control Intern in Denton, TX.
The Internal Control Intern will support the annual internal control process.
* • Performs yearly assessments of internal control following the methodology and scheduling in order to ensure the compliance to Safran requirements:
o Review : assesses all deployed processes based on an interview with process owner;
o Test : performs tests according to Safran test methodology ensuring complete traceability;
o Document : integrates all work in Safran internal control tool (write, scan and upload data);
o Helps operations to define corrective and preventive actions for all non-compliant processes;
* • Follows up on action plans (business team support, due dates follow-up, test the effectiveness of implemented solutions);
* • Participates to make people aware of internal control and fight against fraud : behaviors, controls, brainstorming, improvement projects, tools (like integrating in ERP the SOD principles);
* • Participates to deploy SOD working with IT and operations to ensure rules are respected and palliative controls are in place;
* • Helps improve Safran internal control referential;
* • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
* • Regular, predictable attendance is required;
* • Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
* • Requires junior or senior level studies in a Bacheler's of Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field.
* • Strict and precise mindset with good analytical skills - Advanced
* • Capable of using Audit methodology and elimination of risk approach – Basic
* • Ability to teach/train others – Basic
* • Good communication skills – both written and verbal, ability to persuade – Advanced
* • Team spirit – Advanced
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* • N/A
This internship is not eligible for the Safran Electrical & Power benefits plan.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.