13 days ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The diverse team of people on our Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S)team
are motivated by an ambitious goal: to make UTC Aerospace Systems the safest, healthiest aerospace company – with the smallest environmental footprint – on the planet. Join us as we continue to lead the way in safety culture, environmental excellence, and regulatory compliance.
We are looking for an Intern, EH&S Support to support the Electric Power Systems sites in Rockford, IL.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Management of EH&S programs and procedures
* Providing guidance to line management and hourly individuals on the effective execution of safety programs
* Actively working with and supporting Rockford business units and internal customers
* Performing EH&S audits and inspections, and providing recommendations for hazard mitigation and risk reduction
* Supporting continuous improvement efforts in EH&S performance; including safety improvement programs, corrective actions, and environmental protection projects
* Developing compliance strategies to mistake-proof the elimination of injuries and maintenance of regulatory compliance
* Reporting to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
* Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety regulations and company requirements, policies, and procedure
* Microsoft knowledgeable
* Strong ability to provide high-level customer service and meet objectives
* Outstanding analytical, organization, and communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree in EH&S
* Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Must have a minimum of 30 credit hours completed
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.