9 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Technology Quality Assurance, this position takes part in Porter software development and systems projects from conception to post production. As an integral part of our growing team, you will play a key role in enabling Porter’s rapidly growing business environment through technology by ensuring that our systems and products are defect free and exceed our customer and end-user expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create estimates for all project milestones and tasks
* Maintain and support multiple projects and deadlines
* Ensure project documentation supports development of QA material
* Design, develop and execute automated and manual test plans and test cases
* Actively work with the technology group to troubleshoot production issues as well as defects found during the testing cycle
* Provide project status updates to QA Lead or Management, and maintain accurate records on all tests performed as well as related results
* Responsible for designing and executing application load testing
* Recommend QA process improvements, and ensure current process standards are followed
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Any other duties as requested by the Manager, Technology Quality Assurance
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* 3 – 5 years of quality assurance and testing experience in a system and software development environment
* 1+ years of experience with database principles including writing SQL scripts, views, and store procedures
* 1+ years of experience with automated testing tools including configuration and developing test scripts
* ISTQB Foundation Level Certification (or equivalent)
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering (or equivalent) preferred
* Excellent understanding of quality assurance testing and methodologies, particularly the impact of architecture and design, on testing and deployment
* Ability to construct formal test plans, user guides and documentation
* Ability to identify and implement solutions to problems with a minimum amount of supervision
* Superior analysis and problem solving skills
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment
* Strong .NET software development skills (C#), Visual Studio 2010 an asset
* Strong understanding of Windows services, web services, and API integration an asset
* Experience using web debugging tools such as firebug, fiddler, etc. an asset
* Strong understanding of HTTP client methods when sending GET and POST requests an asset
* Knowledge of software security issues and security testing considerations an asset
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
* Post Date November 22, 2017
* Reference ID 83-14-90