12 months ago
A Hardware Designer requires advanced formal engineering education, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability. Responsibilities include designing and implementing electronic hardware systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the design and development of both analog and digital circuits. This position reports to Hardware Engineering Manager.
* • Analyze and specify hardware development environment (HDE), verification environment, debugging and profiling tools
* • Develop, deploy and support DO-254 processes, reviews (SOI), development plans and review checklists
* • Analyze user's requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design
* • Perform electronics, hardware FPGA design and mechanical engineering design
* • Design electronic CC electronics from detailed designs to meet EMC/EMI requirements and performance
* • Prepare material costs and timing estimates, reports and design descriptions for electronic systems and equipment
* • Perform circuit analysis and traceability from user's requirements to formal design and implementation
* • Support and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electronic components, systems and equipment
* • Debug and troubleshoot hardware circuits
* • Integrate CC components into embedded system environment, including test bench and on aircraft at customer sites
* • Work with product development teams – product/systems and/or Software Engineers and engineering support in a leadership role
* • Produce and manage work packages and submit status reports to Hardware Engineering Manager
* • Participate and support on program risk assessment and mitigation
* • Supervise the work of junior designers and/or other engineering employees
* • Provide presentations to customers on hardware design and operation
* • Other duties as assigned
* • Minimum 3 years of analog and digital experience in circuit design and analysis;
* • Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience;
* • VHDL design and experience on DO-254, DOORS, Matlab, Modelsim are assets.
* • Technical and hardware qualifications (DO-254) experience. Background from Control systems (Engine Control, Landing and Steering Controls an asset), Avionics, Aerospace, Medical Device or other high reliability products would be a definite asset;
* • Proficient on Microsoft Office Tools advanced features (Word, Project, Access and Excel);
* • Prior working experience within a team setting;
* • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
* • Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* • Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines;
* • Proven experience working with standards, processes and work procedures in a structured design environment;
* • Familiarity with RTCA, Inc. certification standards;
* • Professionally registered (P. Eng) in Ontario (or have the ability to obtain such registration within one year of employment).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.