about 1 year ago
This hourly, non-exempt position requires a basic knowledge of interior installations. Duties include varying amounts of parts replacements or repair, basic electrical system installation and general mechanical applications. Modifications, repair, refurbishment and installation of aircraft interiors are primary functions. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Team Leader. May occasionally be required to work independently.
* Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
* Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
* Perform general mechanical items on aircraft interiors and related systems, including, but not limited to removal and installation of panels and components, repair work and basic sheet metal repair or installation.
* Remove and install carpeting, insulation, sound proofing and fabric accessories with little supervision.
* Ability to perform minor modifications.
* Perform daily turnover sheets.
* Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
* Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
* Work independently when required.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent
1-2 years Interior experience required.
1- 2 years experience on aircraft interiors preferred.
Self-motivated and maintain a rapid pace.
Process work with minimal supervision.
Perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Assist in major modification work as needed.
Other technicians in interior shop or other departments.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
Lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands with emphasis on grasping, feeling and finger dexterity.
Stand for long periods.
Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines including but not limited to OSHA, haz mat, etc.
Communicate with employees, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
Work with others in a professional manner.
Read various documents.
Plan and organize procedures and operations.
Work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Interior Management.
May be directed to supervise other technicians in some capacity.
Work with minimal supervision when required.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar or shop area.
Work in aircraft on ramp on occasion.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Personal hand tools supplied by the mechanic.
Electrical power tools such as sanders, saws, power drills, etc.
Spray booth and all related equipment.
Computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.