6 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat, land based and maritime platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into the land based and maritime markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM..
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Provide engineering support to the Program Office for a variety of system projects.
* Technical Leadership and Management of multiple technical projects in a cross functional environment, with the ability to balance requirements of a variety of stakeholders. Including internal and external customers, third party integrators, suppliers, and subcontractors.
* Support to Bids and Proposal, and Sales Activities including analysis of customer requirements in order to define hardware configuration and preparing engineering estimates.
* Internal Research and Development (IRAD) Projects focused on developing technologies/systems/peripherals to be used with Wescam’s core offerings.
* Undertake necessary site surveys and inspections at various customer locations to support development of system requirements and solutions.
* Preparation of (Statements of Work) SOWs and/or specifications for third party design, hardware/software, and installation services.
* Develop the necessary system requirements specification and interface documentation to support integration and test goals.
* Develop systems engineering contract deliverables, including system test procedures, and support the development of verification and validation procedures.
* Develop system configurations to meet defined product development and delivery schedules
* Collaborate with L3 Wescam’s internal and external customers to ensure all technical issues are addressed promptly and effectively.
* Perform flight tests, ground tests and functional tests to ensure the systems are verified in accordance with the specification.
* Provide engineering support for customer integration issues, and for In-service systems.
* Familiar with the installation and integration of systems in airborne, land, or maritime environments.
* Possess an understanding of systems engineering and the systems development lifecycle in a government acquisition environment
* Strong project and technical management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
* Ability to coordinate activities with multiple departments such as Design Engineering, Software Engineering, Manufacturing and Program Management.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment
* Understanding and familiarity with Military or commercial Standards in Air, Land or Maritime environments.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Progressive technical and project experience over 8 years
* Undergraduate Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in managing cross-functional teams and subcontractors in a technical environment
* Experience in Airworthiness/Seaworthiness/Landworthiness would be an asset
* Familiarity with air, ground or maritime platforms and the requirements for operating in those environments would be an asset
* Experience with Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management would be an asset
* Professional Engineering designation an asset
* Experience with Microwave, RF systems and Networks is an asset
* Will require travel
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam