12 months ago
Integrated Master Scheduler
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54154BR Date posted 09/22/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The UTAS Engine & Environmental Control System’s (ECS) Program Planning & Control (PP&C) team has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Master Planner / Scheduler. This position will coordinate the Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS) government compliance reporting requirements on critical programs.
The selected candidate will team with the existing ECS IMS planners and Earned Value team to support and improve the program scheduling processes and recurring deliverables.
The Master Planner / Scheduler is responsible for overall program scope and schedule integration including the Integrated Master Schedule/Plan (IMS/IMP) creation, baseline, and change control. The IMS Program Planner/Scheduler will effectively collaborate with program management, technical, earned value, and our outsourcing support team members to plan, create, monitor and analyze integrated schedules for program performance and related metrics.
In addition, responsibilities will include; supporting the development of new program schedules, perform ongoing schedule maintenance, ensure all aspects of the schedule meet strict government compliance standards, monitor and measure the health of the schedule supported by DCMA’s 14 point assessment metrics, and to ensuring each program delivers accurate and on-time recurring IMS reporting requirements to our customers. This position will be responsible to ensure compliance with and adherence to the ANSI 748 and 32 EVMS guidelines, as well as for continuous process improvement through employing UTC ACE tools and culture.
Primary responsibilities will include at a minimum the following activities:
* Lead military PP&C team in reporting and statusing program financial and schedule statuses
* Coordination of the interdivisional teams, ensuring all program milestones and deliverables are met on time
* Identify risks and obstacles, quantify impacts, and ensure mitigation plans are executed
* Lead formal customer program interaction via weekly and monthly reviews, senior management briefings, etc.
* Ensure UTAS Engineering Changes are properly managed through the UTAS and Pratt & Whitney Engineering Change (EC) processes
* Monitor, control and report on program progress
* Escalate risk and issues for resolution as appropriate
* Communicate effectively (verbally and written) to program team, UTAS management and the customer
* Ultimately responsible for all aspects of the program for which you are assigned
* Work with UTAS functional managers to ensure proper resource plans are in place
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
* A consistent positive attitude with a strong teamwork competency that allows the candidate to quickly build positive relationships within our team and our customers
* Extensive hands-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects
* Proficiency with MS Office Programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word)
* Experience using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator such Acumen Fuse.
* Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment.
* Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide
* Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and be familiar with DID-81861, Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
* BS Degree in a related field and/or 4-6 years of relevant experience
* MS Degree in a related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.