7 months ago
L-3 Communications Electronic Systems Inc. (L-3 Electronic System Services), a division of L-3 Communications, is an internationally recognized supplier of integrated systems and highly sophisticated electronic equipment for both defense and commercial applications.
With facilities in Halifax and Toronto and support staff in Ottawa, L-3 ESS employs highly skilled and experienced personnel, including scientists, engineers, technologists and technicians.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter to fill the following position at our Ottawa location:
Junior Logistics Engineer
Your daily job will be to maximize effectiveness and efficiency, through the review and completion of logistics data. This will be achieved by conducting logistics analysis such as RCMA, LORA, MTA, Sparing and Life Cycle Costing. Other duties will be to:
* Complete Reliability analysis including preparation of RBDs, testability reports and FMECA
* Create and maintain Logistics databases
* Interface with the customer Engineering team to provide logistics input to design;
* Provide briefings to management and customers on progress and technical issues;
* Participate in proposals for new Logistics programs.
* Review and update maintenance schedules and plans;
Ideally you have a post secondary education (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree) or equivalent experience in a technical or highly analytical environment. As a highly analytical thinker with careful consideration for detail and accuracy you will demonstrate your ability to effectively conduct maintenance planning, FMECA, LORA and/or Life Cycle Material Management. Other experience desired is:
* Experience in Logistics Engineering including Reliability/Maintainability Analysis, Life Cycle Cost Analysis and RCMA.
* Experience with OmegaPS and/or Analyser and asset
* Experience in an ILS role on a DND major procurement would be an asset
* Able to work independently
* Highly proficient in MS Office Suite;
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearance.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Electronic Systems