*** 2nd & Weekend Shift Openings ***
* Verifies the correct assembly at the in-process assembly stages as described in the applicable inspection plan.
* Performs physical inspection of the assembled product prior to the performance of any functional tests performed to verify safe completion of the product.
* Uses production control systems and generates reports for product documentation files.
* Performs the final inspection of the completed product, includes both a physical and documentation review.
* Confirms the modification status, ensuring compliance to the current requirements.
* Verifies the completion of the work instructions identified on the task control number (TCN).
* Verifies the correct configuration and identification of the end product.
* Reviews historical log records for completeness and accuracy.
* Prepares and completes all applicable release documentation following successful completion of the TCN instructions.
* Validates the certification on behalf of the company.
* Completes and validates non-conformance tag/material review board (NCT/MRB) documentation.
* Ensures compliance to the applicable quality procedures affecting the production process in the cell.
* Assists in troubleshooting technical problems within the cell.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Performs other functions as assigned that do not conflict with the final inspection function.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Qualified in the detail inspection function.
* Knowledgeable in the configuration and assembly of the products processed in the cell.
* Knowledgeable in the assembly methods and techniques used.
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
* Proficient in dimensional inspection techniques.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements relating to maintenance of aeronautical products.
* Knowledgeable on the documentation completion requirements.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Knowledgeable in the quality requirements relating to the production process.
* Ability to complete the Quality Inspector Training & Development Plan.
* Proficient in decision making to ensure compliance to all customers, regulatory and company requirements.
* Proficient in communication skills.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.