9 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57042BR Date posted 11/19/City Fairfield
The Inspector I position is an entry level position within the QA department. The Inspector will receive every detailed instruction in the performance of job responsibilities. The Inspector is responsible for comparing written work instruction with Propulsion California products to assure compliance with manufacturing written work instructions. Assuring compliance to written work instructions will include the use of simple measuring instructions.
* Responsible for the visual inspection of Propulsion California, Inc. products.
* Reading and comprehending written work instructions.
* Perform quality assurance tests as necessary. These tests could include analysis such as core- load, gross weight, and moisture analysis.
* Entering basic data into a data base or MRP system using a computer terminal.
* Assist in the preparation of product for shipping.
* Interface with quality engineering staff when problem solving.
* Participate in customer hardware issues as necessary.
* Comprehend both written and verbal work instructions relating to the performance of inspection duties.
* Review and interpret in-control and out-of-control conditions on statistical process controlcharts.
* Responsible for informing group leader or supervisor when product does not meet writtenwork instructions.
* Ability to complete a nonconformance report under the direction of more senior quality assurance personnel.
* The responsibility for documenting quality status of hardware with minimum errors.
* Work on N-Ray setup.
Perform visual and dimensional inspection of purchased parts, materials, manufactured components and subassemblies in meeting blueprint, regulatory and contract requirements. Inspections consist of using standard measuring instruments as well as special measuring instruments and gages. Complete inspection records, logs, and rejection reports. Communicates in writing and verbally on concerns with supplier conformance.
Responsible for verifying received products for conformance to purchase order requirements.
Responsible for the interpretations of blueprint, drawings and receiving inspection procedures using ANSI Y14.5, dimensioning and tolerance.
Responsible for documenting condition of received products.
Using a coordinate measuring machine and other measuring instruments to inspect hardware.
Programming a coordinate measuring machine to inspect hardware.
Review of technical documents to access compliance to contractual requirements.
Train less senior inspectors in measuring techniques and the use of measuring instruments.
Consult with suppliers, quality assurance personnel and project engineers when resolving hardware issues or questions.
Responsibility to summarize in writing any nonconforming product characteristics.
Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
Must be proficient in units of measure for length, weight, and volume
Must establish professional rapport with customers, vendors and quality engineers.
The ability to read, comprehend and interpret technical specifications and certifications.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.