about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Perform a variety of manual/administrative tasks (to include use of computer systems) associated with quality inspection of aerospace components and parts in accordance with established procedures.
* This includes but is not limited to: -Inspect a variety of electronic units using proper inspection techniques
* Utilize a variety of measuring and inspection instruments (e.g. micrometers, gauges and calipers)
* Read, interpret and use a variety of quality policies, procedures, and other documentation (e.g. engineering prints, engineering changes, inspection checklists, engineering standards, process instructions, quality procedures)
* Verify all work order documentation for accuracy and completeness (e.g. shop notes, configuration summary sheet, travelers, rework, test data, system moves)
* Perform visual and physical inspection of units and subassemblies (e.g. chassis surfaces, paint, edges, hardware, connectors, nameplates, fits/clearances, markings)
* Perform unit shakedown (when required) to check for foreign objects, rattles and loose internal hardware.
* Utilize computer systems to perform inspection tasks (e.g. Via Search, JD Edwards, One World, Engineering Information System, labor charging)
* Perform First Article Inspection and complete related documentation
* Perform administrative tasks associated with files management (hard copy and electronic)
* Generate, verify & close Non-Conforming Material long & short tags
* Screen rework documentation for completeness and generate when needed to return product to cell for rework
* Follow proper material handling and packaging techniques to avoid damage
* Support customer audits (internal/external)
* Follow work priorities to accomplish production goals
* Recognize and take steps to resolve inspection/work area issues
* Maintain accurate records of all work performed (e.g. labor charging, verification, inspection data)
* Train other employees and perform other duties as assigned Physical Demands (representative) Transport product with or without product carts; lift up to 25 pounds unassisted; sit and or stand at workbench/machines for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform inspection (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation); visually inspect product for extended periods of time with/without magnification; distinguish colors and meet vision requirements.
Work Environment Characteristics (representative) Handle finished products that may contain chemicals & adhesives; work with chemicals & adhesives that may emit fumes; and work with material handling equipment, products of various weights, sizes & dimensions. Wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Qualification: Minimum one (1) year of direct experience in electrical/electronics inspection or three (3) years related product verification experience.
Prior experience using inspection & measuring instruments required.
Must have proven mechanical assembly ability; wiring assemblies and/or soldering skills and be able to interpret electronic assembly instructions, blue prints, etc.
Strong math and computer skills necessary. Ability to perform basic data input into MS Word and Excel will be required.
Strong communication & interpersonal skills. A lot of documentation involved with this position.
Strong attention to detail in handling multiple tasks at the same time. Must be safety conscious.
Must be willing to work overtime. OT participation is expected.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.