6 months ago
Inspection Technician II- 2nd Shift
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56718BR Date posted 11/14/City Opa Locka
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing System division of UTC Aerospace has an opportunity for a Inspector Technician II on the 2nd shift(2:30pm-11:00pm).The selected candidate may need to train on 1st shift for specified amount of time, as determined by supervision. The selected individual will inspect landing gear components for damage. Records the condition/dimensions with the objective to determine repair and overhaul requirements, per overhaul manuals and customer requirements. This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Minimum 2 years of inspection experience
* Experience in using measuring instruments such as: calipers, micrometers, height gauge
* Experience interpreting CMM Manuals and drawings.
* 3 years aircraft or dimensional experience and/or aviation school training preferred
* Disposition parts accordingly based on initial finding per CMM, including any repairs outside the CMM (out of scopes and submittals)
* Inspect and record all dimensions per DDS (Dimensional Data Sheet). with applicable measuring tools
* Dimensional inspect component for fabrication of bushing when applicable
* Polish components for Condition report (all bores, faces, ID's, OD's, etc).
* Create out of scope ZINT routings
High School Diploma, or equivalent
A & P License or Repairman Certificate preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.