about 1 year ago
Injection Molding Process Technician
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Injection Molding Process Technician (PECO)
PECO-Astronics, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
The purpose of this position is to perform equipment set-ups, operate all molding machines and mold quality parts to customer specifications, meet customer demand while maintaining cost standards and parts per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following duties and others as assigned.
* Knowledge and understanding of all thermoplastics and processes.
* Reads and interprets daily production reports to determine requirements.
* Knows and performs most all of the set-ups on all of the molding equipment and machinery.
* Participates in test shots.
* Brings all quality and process control issues to lead.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of parts.
* Maintains liaisons with Engineers and Toolmakers.
* Performs in-process audits and communicates directly with the Quality department.
* Operates measuring tools such as micrometers, dial and digital calipers, and etc.
* Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and makes adjustments accordingly.
* Accurately completes paperwork and documents accurate counts of all parts.
* Operates secondary equipment such as ultrasonic welder, drill press, trim press and gate cutters.
* Operate a variety of forklifts and other material moving equipment and tools.
* Orders shop supplies.
* Sweeps area, cleans and washes equipment.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Reports consistently to work and is on time. Able to work any overtime as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management directions; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Displays understanding of PECO's Quality Policy; is thorough, accurate and carefully attends to detail; completes tasks and responds to issues in a timely manner; delivers results and manages projects according to established timelines; completes tasks according to standards; seeks ways to exceed standards and improve work quality.
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years previous plastic injection molding experience and or training preferred.
* Mechanical aptitude and experience working with machines.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PECO-Astronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.