4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Plan and organize activities & tasks necessary to complete the project, estimating the effort and duration of each task, assigning necessary resources, linking their dependencies, and other task details as necessary
* Lead and control both internal and external resources ensuring the appropriate personnel are assigned and trained to perform tasks
* Coordinate the efforts of the functional departments, as required, to ensure that the programs are conducted in accordance with the requirements
* Interface with customers on schedules, meetings, and problems. Keeps the customer informed on the program status.
* Advise management on program status and problems (or potential problems), including scheduling/priority delays and initiate plans for alternative actions on a regular basis
* Lead a cross functional team consisting of functional leads from Design Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement, Customer Service, ILS, Tech Pubs, PMO and Sales & Marketing through all phases of new product introduction
* Coordinate all project activities amongst cross- functional team members to ensure schedule, budget, and quality adherence to agreed upon project milestones
* Generate and maintain a fully integrated project schedule
* Maintain labour and ODC forecasts for the project
* Work with functional leads to secure and maintain resources for execution of project tasks
* Manage external contractors working on the project
* Manage project risks to minimize adverse impacts
* Oversee design compliance and verification to requirements
* Coordinate the resolution of all issues
* Coordinate the generation of and review all project / product documentation such as requirements, work statements, presentation & review material, technical publications and verification plans / reports
* Organize and chair reviews, project stage gate reviews and weekly project team meetings.
* Present project status to Senior Management
* Assigned to lead the highest profile projects that are extremely critical to the company’s future; is responsible for the execution of the project.
* Assigned to lead the larger, high risk, high dollar, more complex, most challenging projects.
* Assigned to lead projects with highest number of cross functional team members and internal & external dependencies.
* Interface and represent the company in the presence of customers and other key external groups.
* Provide inputs and recommendations to improve key company processes
* Take ownership of ensuring companywide synergy in attaining the company’s delivery goals. Strive to establish and maintain strong and professional relationships with other managers: engineering functional, quality, operations, procurement, manufacturing and customer service.
* Manage and delegate suitable project aspects to direct reports (deputy). As required, review and provide inputs to additional critical projects to ensure overall product development success.
* Fill in for department manager as required. Provide inputs and feedback on performance reviews.
* Strong EVMS skills, including development and reporting of performance metrics including but not limited to BAC, EAC, ETC, CPI/SPI, and TCPI
* Act as Cost Account Manager and reports on trends and forecast of project KPIs Manage the transition of the new solution into full production, from project management to product integration
* Strong Project Management skills
* Considerable flexibility of methods required to meet program goals
* Requires both administrative and technical knowledge and frequent interaction with employees and customers
* Originality and initiative are important as well as the ability to work under unusual or extreme pressures
* Strong leadership, people management, planning, organizational, analytical, and decision making skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively balance priorities
* Ability to deal directly with internal and external customers
* Able to generate and update development schedules using Microsoft Project
* Able to generate and present project reviews using Microsoft PowerPoint
* Able to generate project reports and analysis using Microsoft Word and Excel
* Knowledge of Risk Management techniques
* Familiarity with AS9100, Lean principles, Six Sigma
* Exhibits a very strong ability to communicate project related and technical details in both written and oral forms. Very strong presentation creation and delivery skills.
* Ability to explain and recall complicated information with great clarity no matter who the audience is. Stays extremely calm, professional and operate when under pressure.
* Focuses on driving towards solutions that are best for the company.
* Has very strong initiative and the ability to anticipate potential problems.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Technology, or related field
* PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred
* Minimum 5 - 10 years of project management or IT Management
* Minimum 3 years’ experience coordinating and / supporting IT business processes
* Knowledge of company procedures
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam