2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
IT Disaster Recovery Analyst
As WestJet becomes more complex and dynamic, we are seeking a Disaster Recovery Analyst reporting into our Technology office. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
As part of an industry-leading team, the IT Disaster Recovery Analyst will report directly to the Manager, IT Disaster Recovery and will be part of building this strategic team. The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with various technology teams and business stakeholders to provide analysis and project management in coordinating, assessing, developing, and communicating requirements and contingency plans associated with business units to protect the enterprise in the event that technology resources are unavailable. They will also assist in managing the implementation and day to day functions related to Disaster Recovery operations across the company.
* Analysis of technical systems (Infrastructure, Servers, Applications, Databases/ Platforms, and other supporting systems), assess and assist development of Disaster Recovery (DR) capabilities and processes across IT
* Review existing technical and people recovery processes and ensure documentation is aligned with best practices and enterprise risk / audit expectations
* Assist with planning, staging and compiling documentation for all DR related test events
* Responsible for maintaining up-to-date DR related system documentation in a continuously changing environment
* Stay current on DR trends and providing recommendations for continuous improvement around our DR strategy
* Provide DR guidance, analysis, design and implement DR processes for WestJet IT projects and initiatives
* Creating/Updating DR governance processes, policies, operating standards, templates, and other related documents
* Bachelor’s Degree (Technical/ Business/ Science)
* Minimum 3- 6 years of professional experience in technology, preferably within a large technically complex organization where thy worked with IT Infrastructure or had technical experience in a Disaster Recovery role
* Strong understanding of industry best practice for Technology Disaster Recovery planning and Business Continuity
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to convey complex technical strategies and plans
* The ability to remain calm under unexpected circumstances / incidents with time critical pressures
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.