9 months ago
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Instructs and facilitates classes.
* Responsible for complying with all necessary paperwork, curriculum, and training materials associated with Training program.
* Provides coaching to class participants and feedback to their respective Leaders.
* Represent Training as the resource for training information to Customer and other SWA departments.
* Performs administrative tasks including classroom setup, duplication and distribution of materials, etc.
* Primarily responsible for Flight Attendant Training.
* Assist with and/or lead special projects.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* High School degree or equivalent required.
* College degree preferred.
* Minimum one year of classroom instruction, facilitation experience or relevant training experience required.
* Strong platform skills required.
* Strong public speaking skills required.
* Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred.
* Must have the ability to work under stressful situations and manage time effectively.
* Must have the ability to prioritize tasks to meet department objectives and goals.
* Be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum amount of supervision to accomplish assignments and projects.
* Understanding of Company policies (ex: Appearance and attendance) and expectations of SWA Culture.
* Able to work effectively individually or in a strong Customer Service and/or Team environment.
* Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends and travel as required.
* Ability to work under tight time constraints and at times, in stressful situations.
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to transfer capabilities effectively to classes of different sizes, aptitudes, and backgrounds.
* Ability to facilitate focus groups, workshops and/or interviews.
* Must have the ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet demands of the job.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
At least one year of experience as a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant or equivalent experience at another 14 CFR Part 121 carrier. (Highly Preferred)
* Previous experience in Flight Attendant Training at an equivalent airline (ex. 14 CFR Part 121 carrier). (Highly Preferred)
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.