5 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
The primary function of a Inspector is to carry out inspections related to the production of Inner/Outer Rings, Rolling Elements, Retainers, and Outsourced Supplied Rings. Review all paper documents to ensure internal requirements are met.
1. Perform a variety of in-process inspections and bench inspections on the Manufacturing Floor, RLR Sort Room, Retainer Inspection, and Receiving Inspection to ensure dimensional check are within specifications and all paperwork is accurate and precise.
1. Perform simple set-ups of gauging equipment. Follow established statistical sample plan and refer to process sheets, parts drawings, spec. sheets and specifications called out by Quality Assurance and Product Engineering. Must be capable of following inspection procedures called out by Quality Assurance and proper use of equipment used in routine product inspection. Inspection operations are controlled under separate I.P, EDS, ECS and EPS procedures.
2. Inspection work sheets and forms are to be identified by a numerical inspection stamp for each inspector that identifies each process for which he/she has been approved.
3. Record appropriate inspection data on designated forms.
4. Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean an orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
5. Assist in training employee(s) as required.
* High School Diploma/GED required
* Excellent shop math competency and the ability to quickly learn new processes, procedures, and machines/gauges.
* Exceptional attention to detail with respect to quality of work (parts and paperwork)
* The ability to work as part of a team in order to meet company and departmental goals
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* The ability to read and interpret prints and in-process work instructions
* Previous experience with metrology equipment (gauges used for dimensional inspection)
* Previous experience with SAP
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to safely lift 25 pounds.
* Must be able to pass a vision test.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Safety glasses and steel toe/slip resistant/shock resistant shoes are required at all times in the assembly area. Latex gloves required when handling product.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
* At times, exposure to extremely hot and extremely cold surfaces or fluids is possible. Additional PPE may be required depending on the activity being carried out.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.