about 1 year ago
L-3 RASM-E is a diverse program located in several locations on the east coast. Our Headquarter office is located in Ft. Bragg, NC. This position will support the LUH-72A effort and be located at New Windsor, New York.
We are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail oriented. You will be required to communicate with all levels of employees from our Mechanics to the Program Manager. Work hours will typically be are Monday – Friday day shift, but can vary due to the mission requirements. You may need to work weekends and or holidays as the mission requires. Hours will be dictated by the flight schedule.
The on-site team will provide maintenance support and maintain 2 LUH-72A for the USMA flight detachment. The Maintenance Team will provide Phase support, daily scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and inspections as required. The Maintenance Team will provide depot level repair capability, backshop support and regional Aircraft recovery support IAW AR5-9. The team will also support transient Aircraft on location as required and may have to support other LUH units in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
2. Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines and component parts.
3. Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
4. Recovers disable aircraft.
5. Maintains aircraft fuel, oil and hydraulic systems.
6. Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
7. Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides and forms used on the job.
8. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
9. Performs troubleshooting, repair, corrosion control and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil and pneudraulic systems. Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.
10. Services ground support equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment. Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
11. Completes maintenance documentation accurately as required utilizing appropriate forms per job assignment.
12. Maintain aircraft Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
13. Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
14. Effectively report status of aircraft through written and verbal communication
15. Conduct aircraft maintenance, while providing direction for assigned personnel’s daily maintenance operations
16. Report violations of Work Rules, Policies and Procedures to appropriate level.
17. May be assigned to evaluate training and proficiency requirements, provide training, request updates to policies and procedures.
18. Responsible for complying with most recent L-3 policies and procedures.
19. Operates motor vehicles, machines and special purpose equipment as required by the job assignment.
20. Performs PMCS and inspection documentation on vehicles, tools and equipment. Performs housekeeping duties in work and common areas.
21. Ensures that tools and equipment used by the employee in the classification are properly calibrated.
22. When selected, attends schools and classes with satisfactory completion, which are designated by the Company for employees in the assigned classification.
23. Uses most current approved methods and publications in the performance of the assigned job.
24. May perform those assignments of employees holding the next higher classification in the line of progression in order to qualify for promotion.
25. Completes and maintains records and reports as required by job assignment.
26. Demonstrates job procedures and assists in the on-the-job training (OJT) of employees within the classification as required.
27. Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with RASM-E and OSHA policies and procedures.
28. Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment.
29. When assigned to the flight line, provide customer support during launch and recovery and aircraft security as required.
30. Responsible for complying with corporate and installation physical security requirements.
31. Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
32. Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
33. Comply with all FAA requirements at the site and while working on the aircraft.
34. Other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Removes, installs, or modifies aircraft components and engines on test stands and engine test cells as required and trained.
2. Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
3. Performs aircraft functional checks.
4. Performs related record maintenance including: completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
5. Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers’ drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
6. Replaces aircraft batteries.
7. Performs non-aerosol (brush) touch-up spot painting.
8. May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School Education/GED
Must have Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P)
Must have a minimum of 5 years Aircraft Maintenance experience
LUH-72/EC145 experience required
Turbomeca Arriel 1E2 experience preferred
OEM school trained preferred
1. Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license when required by job assignment.
2. Must obtain and maintain a valid government driver’s license when required by job assignment.
3. Must have a current or be able to obtain within 60 days and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government.
4. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
5. Must provide own tools, which must be stored in a tool box that is shadowed.
6. Tools must be identifiable to the owner.
7. Travel up to 50% of the time.
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 18” – 24”.
Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 10% of the candidate’s time and approximately 90% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Individual Contributor
: Feb 1, 2018, 5:49:35 PM
: Installation and Maintenance