The Evaluator plans and performs (internal & external) quality and safety system evaluations/audits/investigations of critical operational processes in support of Spirit Airlines’ Internal Evaluation Program. Increase the overall safety of Spirit’s employees, customers, and equipment. Ensure regulatory and procedural compliance of all operational functions. Perform as part of a team of IEP Auditors in the evaluation of processes performed by Spirit and outsourced groups. Mitigate business and insurance costs by the promotion and implementation of Safety Programs. The Evaluator also supports, trains, and mentors other Safety Crewmembers.
• Adhere to standardized program evaluation and audit checklists
• Complete program evaluations on a 3-year cycle
• Ensure and promote risk management is applied to findings and change management
• Conduct Station Audits and submit Audit Reports to applicable operational personnel
• Assists operating units with continuous improvement through the application of quality and safety management principles
• Approves comprehensive corrective action plans and performs follow-up as necessary
• Risk mitigation and corrective action plan development
• IEP schedule development based on risk
• Creation in audit checklists
• Assists in the development and implementation of quality and safety audit training
• Assists in program development and improvement
• Regulatory Requirements - General knowledge of all regulatory requirements governing Air Carrier operations.
• Technical Safety Knowledge – Understand and appropriately apply procedures, regulations, and policies related to Safety Management Systems. Comprehension of Spirit’s Operations Specifications. A full understanding of all manuals meant for the use and guidance of flight, ground operations, and management personnel.
• Safety Management System Competences – Comprehend and apply all four components of a Safety Management System
• Relationship with Regulatory Agencies – Broad knowledge of the regulatory oversight process to aid in an effective interaction with all government regulatory agencies such as FAA, EPA, OSHA, DOT, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Safety or related field
• Preferred Master’s Degree – Safety or relevant field.
• Preferred Accident Investigation/NTSB Training
• Preferred Auditor Training
• Preferred SMS Training
• Preferred Safety Investigator Training
• Preferred IOSA training
• Preferred OSHA training
• Preferred Bilingual
• Travel frequently by car and airplane
• Ability to travel with little or no notice
• Maintain a valid passport
• Be on call at all times in case of an airline emergency
• Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions
• Knowledge and understanding of the use of the Microsoft platform including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• One of the following Licenses is strongly preferred:
o FAA Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
o FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
o FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate