3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Serve as first point of contact for people leaders and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. You will execute our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and drive HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role supports the hourly and salaried teams in our non-union Batesville Aviation manufacturing plant.
* Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints
* Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on:
* Employee Advocacy / Engagement
* HR Fundamentals and Process Training
* Employee Relations Management
* Performance Management
* Career Development
* Talent Assessment
* Acquisition and Retention
* and Workplace Investigations as appropriate
* Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
* Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies
* Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
* Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
* Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
* Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
* Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
* Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
* Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action
* Provide coaching and mentorship to new team members or HR Specialists / Generalists
* Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups
* Serve as the Human Resources / Employee Resources Team subject matter expert for one HR specialty area (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll / Benefits, etc.) including managing all complex and escalated cases as well as providing training and support to other team members at your site / region (pull to bottom w / investigations)
* Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple employee populations, matrixes, customers, products or initiatives
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in HR or related area (Or a high school graduate / GED with a minimum of 6 years of HR experience)
* Minimum of 3 years prior HR experience
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
* Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
* Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
* Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
* Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
* Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
* Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
* Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
* Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
* Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
* Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
* Master’s degree in Human Resources from an accredited university or college
* GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
* PHR / SPHR certification
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Mississippi; Batesville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.