8 months ago
L-3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based and maritime markets with customers globally.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every 2nd Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, Wescam is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
WESCAM is undergoing a period of significant growth and has an exciting position available for a Human Resources Manager to lead our engineering group that has come available due to a recent internal promotion. This position is well suited to a strong people leader who has led or participated in organizational change. Previous experience managing employee development & succession planning over multiple locations would be an asset for this role. Candidates with an appreciation for technical products will feel right at home with our highly engineered product lines.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Develop a consultative role with managers in a variety of areas including communications, employee relations, recruitment, performance management, compensation, team and employee development, training, workforce planning, succession planning, developing and retaining hi potentials, practice/policy interpretation and application, and other management challenges.
* Actively promote alignment of business objectives and culture with employees and management.
* Develop productive and constructive relationships with internal stakeholders, peers, external agencies, trade/industry organizations, company management and individuals.
* Prepares presentation materials as required.
* Actively support and promote HR goals, objectives, programs and projects
* Partner with business leaders in the development and execution of staffing strategies to ensure recruitment of talent at appropriate staffing levels. Recommends changes to staffing strategies as appropriate.
* Working with the HR Services team, develop annual headcount forecasting plans with line management, and update and monitor throughout the year. Maintain open communications with the HR services team to ensure accuracy and up to date information is reflected in HR tools and systems.
* Be knowledgeable about our business. Proactively remain current with business challenges, opportunities, strategic direction, industry, HR practices and competitive environment.
* Utilizing HR and business knowledge consult with senior leaders, HR specialist roles and other functional leadership to recommend appropriate HR strategies and solutions.
* Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management including coaching, counseling, career development, employee performance improvement, and disciplinary actions.
* Utilizing company provided tools and resources, support line management through the annual performance review process.
* Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
* Coach line management to ensure successful onboarding of all new hires
* Provide consistent HR Policy guidance and interpretation to line management and employees
* Partner with Specialists to assist line management to execute people processes
* Participate as a collaborative team member with other HR Managers, and HR subject matter experts (Total Reward, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development etc.) to provide consistent and professional service to all stakeholders.
* Coach and guide management & supervisors on compensation practices, and process. Utilizing company tools and process, manage annual merit process.
* Working with Line Management, HR Services, and Total Rewards, develop, review, and update job descriptions
* Analyze workforce trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to guide and recommend solutions to line management or other HR Subject Matter Experts
* Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
* Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
* Working with the Learning & Development team and line management, identify training needs for individual and leadership requirements
* Working with, and in support of Health & Safety, guide employee interaction related to EH&S matters including worker’s compensation, accident reporting/monitoring; guidance and assistance to management.
* Using standardized company tools, provide HR reporting to line management, HR Specialists, and HR VP as required
* Maintain employee records
* Ensure that HR process is followed
* Ensure confidentiality of HR information is maintained
* Lead and/or actively participate in HR Projects as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to effectively handle demanding and stressful situations.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous change
* Demonstrate strong consulting, employee relations, conflict management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
* Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong computer skills in MS office suite
* Ability to navigate effectively within HR tools and systems
* Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, human capital development, succession planning and development, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, talent acquisition, diversity, change management performance management, employee development, training, respective employment laws, etc.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum of 5+ years strategic HR Business Partner experience.
* 5+ years experience in HR management
* Bachelor’s Degree required.
* CHRL certification or greater (or other equivalent certification) is required
* Previous experience in an engineering highly technical manufacturing environment is an asset
* Experience working with a shared services team, and in a shared services environment an asset
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam