8 months ago
Keyword: Human resources manager
Request Number: HUM
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Halifax (Nova Scotia)
Organisational Unit: 6004-North American Operations - Human Resources
Division: Human Resources
Sector: Human Resources
Posting Start Date: 2017-11-29
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: In an environment focused on results, teamwork and continuous improvement, the Human resources manager will be responsible for providing an advisory role to his internal customers (over 300 employees) from several business units, on the various aspects of human resource management including, recruitment, change management, organizational development, working relationships, performance management, training and compensation.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Implement and execute human resource management strategies that will help your internal customers to achieve their business objectives and carry out the global mission of P&WC;
• Act as a facilitator in communications, in the resolution of issues between management and employees, and in the strategic alignment of your business units in terms of human resource management by encouraging commitment and accountability;
• Advise, support and coach managers and employees in the interpretation and application of HR-related policies and processes;
• Serve as a liaison between all Human Resources functions and the managers and employees;
• Plan, deploy and take part in key human resource management activities, such as performance management, compensation, succession planning and leadership development;
• Chair and facilitate committees or forums dealing with subjects linked to human resource management.
• Drive special projects under the leadership of our corporate head office.
Qualifications required: • Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Human Resources generalist in a large manufacturing environment;
• Experience with a customer group of over 200 employees;
• Experience in coordinating HR projects and personnel management (an asset);
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Bilingual French/English;
• Experience and ability to interact with and influence managers at all levels of the organization;
• Ability to participate naturally in strategic debates to progress the expectations of the manager with regard to his contributions and managing his talents;
• Open-mindedness, strong sense of team spirit, solutions-oriented and ability to act as a change agent;
• Highly autonomous, mature and driven individual.
Field of studies: Administration, Human Resources
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.