2 months ago
Human Resources Generalist
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Human Resources Generalist (PECO)
Astronics-PECO, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements. We are looking for an HR Generalist to complement our team.
This position will provide general HR support and analysis in multiple functional areas to include employee relations, policy development, training and process improvement. Additionally, this position will lead and facilitate the development and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management systems necessary to ensure the company’s objectives are met and are compliant with all corporate, federal, state, and local environmental, safety, and industrial health requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following and other duties as assigned.
* Support plant-wide HR functions as directed, to include employee relations, policy and procedure, staffing, training, metrics and process improvement.
* Provide analysis of HR systems and develop improvements: SL9, Intelex, ADP, etc.
* Partner with management and employees to implement and promote health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
* Develop, conduct and track trainings for HSE programs.
* Provide expertise in HSE programs, to include DOT, REACH, RoHS, Conflict Minerals, and other environmental related declarations.
* Facilitate the company’s safety committee.
* Direct the development of the annual budget for HSE activities.
* Maintain OR-OSHA 300 log and annual reporting.
* Monitor workers’ compensation claims and coordinate the Early Return to Work Program.
* Accurately complete annual environmental reporting: Form ‘R’, State Fire Marshall Report, DEQ Verification Report and EPA permits.
* Coordinate the company’s ISO 14001 program.
* Attend Quality Manual Standards Training and apply Quality Standards accordingly.
* Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
* Report consistently to work, on time, and work all hours as necessary.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company’s overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
Coordination of the organization’s HSE procedures and policies. Coaching and mentoring applicable staff, as needed, but no direct reports.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s effort to succeed.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Displays understanding of PECO’s Quality Policy; is thorough, accurate and carefully attends to detail; completes tasks and responds to issues in a timely manner; delivers results and manages projects according to established timelines; completes tasks according to standards; seeks ways to exceed standards and improve work quality.
Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of related HR experience preferred.
* HSE knowledge, including regulatory & compliance experience.
* Skilled in the analysis and interpretation of governmental regulations, general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
* Exceptional communication skills including report generation, business correspondence, procedure manuals and presentation.
* Experience working in a unionized manufacturing environment.
* Possess strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; experience with HRIS database.
* Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
Astronics-PECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.