9 months ago
Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 180 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides a variety of human resources administrative support activities.
The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training and development, recruiting, payroll, benefits management, safety, and employee engagement functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
Acts as an employee relations coach to management/employees, investigates and maintains disciplinary files.
Provides advice and counsel to associates and management in exploring alternatives for resolution of work-related problems.
Meets with associates at all levels to facilitate effective interpersonal communication and to ascertain work-related problems that adversely affect morale and productivity.
Develop and execute HR communication plan and maintain HR calendar.
Conducts investigations related to claims of harassment or discrimination and makes recommendations for resolution. Investigates and assists in the mediation of associate complaints and appeals using corporate or collective bargaining processes.
Communicates and administers performance management planning process.
Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations in HRIS system.
Updates records for eligible salary adjustments/increases.
Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (posting jobs, reviews applications, interviews and onboarding).
Collaborates with Talent Acquisition to ensure a smooth transition into the organization.
Assists with new hire orientation as required; instructs new hires, transfers, and re-hires on the completion of the required paperwork.
Maintains employee personnel files and HRIS database in a timely manner.
Create and maintain employee files.
Update and maintain Employee Handbook, as well as communicate updates to employees.
Assist with input of HR information into HRIS system to become fully functional while maintaining and reporting on HR Metrics.
Provides support for all projects assigned.
Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
Administers injury reporting forms and handles OSHA recording keeping and reporting.
Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records and logs to conform to EEO regulations
Communicates HR related information on the intranet and throughout the organization.
Supports employee engagement and recognition programs.
Deploys and analyses employee engagement surveys including development of related communications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Bachelor's degree in an HR related field
* 3 – 5 years HR Generalist or HR Business Partner experience
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Continuous improvement mindset and aptitude in problem-solving
* Strong understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Desire to work as a team with results driven approach
* Ability to be creative, flexible and resourceful are important traits
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, as well as procedural type manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field.
* PHR/SPHR Certification
* Outstanding knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint
* HRIS system experience (Workday) would be a plus
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies.
* Able to move about the work environment.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
* Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight travel.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Pos. Category Administration