5 months ago
Human Resource Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58906BR Date posted 01/09/City Peshtigo
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do
The Human Resources Manager serves as the primary HR business partner to the site's leadership team. They lead the development and implementation of HR initiatives to support strategic business goals that keep our most valuable asset, our people, operating at optimal capacity day in and day.
In this role the HR Manager is:
* Responsible for leading human resource initiatives including employee engagement, leadership effectiveness, change, staffing, talent development, performance management, compensation, policy compliance, employee relations, and communications.
* Provides coaching to Managers to support leadership development and positive employee relations
* Partners with the business to identify and grow diverse leadership talent and technical capability at the site. Leads career development, performance management, succession planning, and talent acquisition efforts.
* Provides direction to ensure effectiveness and legal compliance of HR processes within the site. Provides guidance on best practices, processes, tools and resources.
* Partners with Business Unit HR Shared Services to leverage resources and support common approaches to compensation, training and development, and staffing.
* Lead recruitment efforts with a focus on bringing in diverse talent and building a talent pipeline
* Drive key HR strategies and initiatives to support business strategic and operational goals.
* Manage key HR processes, including annual salary planning, compensation, bi-annual performance feedback cycle, leadership development review, employee training and development, and employee relations.
* Lead-site HR team to effectively meet and exceed customer expectations and drive continuous improvement.
* Conduct timely investigations, prepare documentation and make appropriate recommendations
* Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and company policies
* The incumbent is responsible for promoting actively an ethics-based business culture in his/her organization, ensuring that all associates are aware of and fully comply with all federal, state, local and company laws/policies/procedures.
BA/BS degree w/6 or more years of exempt level Human Resources generalist or management experience, including 2 years leading others and supporting professional and hourly employees with role progression
Solid track record for delivering results and excellent communication skills
Beneficial/preferred skills to have for the role:
Ability to work effectively and influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment.
Able to communicate and simplify complex information to varying audiences.
Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with strong competencies in applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing tools.
Highly organized with strong attention to detail, proven project management skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities
Expertise in human resource practices and policies, and applicable state and federal laws
Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate policies, practices and the Code of Ethics
Success in driving change initiatives in manufacturing and operations environments
Intermediate to Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Is calm and rational in the face of ambiguity
Keeps control of own emotions and behavior in high pressure situations
Gives direct, constructive and actionable feedback in a way that can be understood and used
Coaches others and prepares them for current and future business demands
Conveys priorities with the right sense of urgency and importance
Empowers others to achieve desired results and holds them accountable
The ideal candidate will possess a BS degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or a related field from an accredited University with hands-on experience in the HR function.
A graduate degree in Business or Human Resources, PHR, is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.