about 1 year ago
Job Code :
Chatsworth CA US 91311
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
For 60 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
HEICO is looking for a HR Manager to develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
* Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, annual reevaluation of policies for effectiveness
* Develops and maintains affirmative action program
* Monitors recruitment effort for all Team Members, interns, and temporary Team Members, screens applicants and performs exit interviews
* Manages Team Member relations
* Establishes and maintains department records and reports
* Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
* Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Responsible for coordination with corporate HR Department regarding human resources planning and development.
* Implements and maintains insurance plans including health & welfare, life, FSA's as well as pension plans
* Responsible for environmental, safety and health program.
* Responsible for planning all company events
* Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures compliance with Federal and State laws
Job Requirements :
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field
5 or more years in human resource field (some or all in California)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHR and/or SHRM-CP preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES
* Language: Excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Mathematical Skills: Analytical math skills
* Reasoning Abilities: Ability to effectively coach Team Members through complex, difficult and emotional issues; must be able to make recommendations to resolve problems; adept at persuasiveness and negotiation
Majority of job sedentary; lift up to 20 pounds
Majority of time is low noise except when on shop floor