3 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an outstanding Marketing & Sales Representatives for the Space and Missile Systems (S&MS) Global Sales and Marketing (GS&M Homeland Defense team. This is a mid-career sales and marketing analyst position. This individual will report to the Senior Manager for Ground-based Midcourse Defense branch of S&MS for marketing and sales.
The selected candidate will drive and develop a deep understanding of emerging customer requirements primarily in the Homeland Missile Defense market space, expose customers to Boeing expertise in products, services, and solutions aiding customers with evolving their requirements, and help lead The Boeing Company in positioning for and capturing those emerging requirements. Critical to this position is an understanding of missile defense policy with an ability to assist in marketing missile defense programs seen as highly desired.
The responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for delivering ethically and with integrity on one metric - addition to backlog (Sales/Orders) for the S&MS portfolio.
• Will be a valued teammate who provides expertise in both the design and execution of global sales and marketing, as well as, capture campaign efforts.
• Support program managers and development teams on mission requirements, national missile defense policy questions, and will assist in preparing for and meeting with congressional staffs and members to support Boeing programs.
• Contribute on matters related to the U.S. programs of record and perform analysis on international sales pursuits.
• Will routinely interface with a diverse and geographically dispersed team while building and leveraging close working relationships with the Boeing Government Relations office, Homeland Defense team (of which they are a member), Field Offices, Phantom Works (developmental programs) and Boeing Program Teams.
• Responsible for participating in the development and execution of the strategy, marketing plan, funding requirements and action plans for successfully protecting and growing Boeing Homeland Defense business.
• Advocating the customer requirements and selling the business case to management.
• Helps balance the enterprise, business unit and customer goals to meet and drive Long Range Business Plan (LRBP).
• Understand and influence missile defense policy that support Boeing’s vision and mission.
• Develop objectives, strategies and action plans with Homeland Defense team to best support missile defense business growth and supporting programs.
• Leads advocacy, marketing, and customer interface activity, ensuring mutual benefit to the customer and Boeing by direct interaction with customer decision-makers and influencers.
• Leverages detailed understanding of both customer and Boeing needs and resources to find areas of alignment and integration.
• Drives sales and marketing campaign activities to successful completion by integrating multiple aspects of the customers’ needs.
• Crafts campaign specific strategies, procures resources and secures management commitment to ensure successful campaign execution.
• Creates metrics to monitor campaign project status and budget requirements.
• Leverages company resources to support customer commitments, gain a competitive advantage and foster business growth by using a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of multiple Boeing products and services, process and operations and resources.
• Integrates knowledge into policy, business, marketing strategies and solutions preparing reports to influence decisions beneficial to Boeing.
• Researches, reviews, analyzes, and reports information about competitors' products and services to develop a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of specific competitor activities and their impact on company strategy to improve our competitive position.
• Verifies, evaluates and applies detailed customer knowledge to advance campaign activity, support the long range business plan (LRBP) and contribute to strategy development (e.g., country, region and campaign).
• Establishes a broad network of contacts and knowledge base to act as a broker of knowledge to multiple customer needs.
• Provides guidance to peers and more junior employees regarding capturing and documenting detailed customer knowledge and assists in network development.
• Initiates and advances customer relationships and works to be accepted as a trusted business partner by the customer.
• Establishes, maintains and expands network to address customer needs and keep lines of communication open.
• Develops customer solutions by coordinating and integrating with internal and external processes and divisions to provide a competitive advantage and to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
• Coordinates packaging of Boeing and Industry products and knowledge into complete solutions that meets customer need Leads review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Boeing resources.
• Aligns third party deliverables. Maintains and advances customer relationships to proactively address future needs.
• Identifies future business opportunities and promotes the value of Boeing portfolio and partnership.
• Takes consultative approach to help customers achieve objectives.
• Participates in preparation of proposals.
• Develops strategy and tactics using in-depth knowledge of customer needs, Boeing products and services and competitive environment to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
• Ensures strategic alignment with the customer, Long Range Business Plan and regional and country objectives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Global Sales & Marketing
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
• Policy, marketing, analysis or test experience with Missile Defense Agency elements such as GMD, THAAD, Aegis, Patriot, JTAGS or others
• Experience communicating with internal and external customers
• Active Clearance
• Marketing experience
• International experience
• Business capture experience
• Experience with developing marketing and business plans
• Bachelor's degree or higher
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award