3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Why Intern with us?
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway. All superstars start somewhere, are you ready to take off?
As a Heat Exchanger Operations Intern, you will get to learn and experience the manufacturing process of a heat exchanger. This is a highly technical role, where you will be involved in root cause analysis and daily lean operations problem-solving.
* Designing a material movement process throughout the entire process from receipt to delivery
* Supporting cell supervisor with lean events and project to increase throughput
* Documenting turnbacks and supporting root cause investigations
* Must have completed at least a 30 credit hours of college coursework
* Must have a GPA of 3.0.
* Must be pursuing a degree related to Engineering
* At least junior status or completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours of college coursework
* Prior AMS intern or co-op experience
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop a strategy
* Teamwork & Collaboration
* Machining experience a plus
* Pursuing Engineering or technical degree
* Currently entering Junior or Senior year in college
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.