8 months ago
Head of Commodity Strategy, Avionics Portfolio-MON14834
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the overall customer interface, develop organisational and cultural understanding between Bombardier’s Business Segments and the suppliers such that our business relationship delivers value to both throughout the product life cycle whilst maximizing commercial and technical global benefits to Bombardier
- Establish with the Business Segments and the teams, the strategies for the Commodity that fit into the global Bombardier strategy and bring the most value as a whole to Bombardier
- Develop and Lead the implementation of the Procurement strategy to achieve the specific business goals, including the definition and establishment of strategic plans and objectives for the team under your responsibility
- Lead the activities of the Commodity team members through several department managers; develop, engage and manage people’s performance and direct and control sourcing, negotiation and contract management activities
- Manage the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Support and lead the negotiations with the suppliers, covering development programs, production and after market
- Operate a robust, high performing governance, with strong internal controls and communication, operating with initiative, discipline, structure and integrity;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Commodity and its stakeholders to effectively provide market intelligence to the business Segments, anticipate the needs of the suppliers and supports their evolution in a way that is positive to our needs
- Develop and maintain long term and strategic supplier partnerships
- Develop and maintain long term industry relationships
- Lead Contract Management execution and ensure that risk management and compliance standards are rigorously and consistently applied across all contracts with suppliers
- Liaise with Engineering on new project development and evaluation of new designs / manufacturing processes in order to achieve BOM cost reduction
- Lead team’s contribution to EBIT, Cost Reduction and Cash contribution; define Cost reduction plans with Business units in an opportunistic approach, establish clear objectives & targets for the team and monitor performance
- Lead make or buy strategy with Business units
- Provide direction in the development and execution of procurement strategies including competitive benchmarking, technology direction, supplier analysis, supplier development and selection and pricing strategies
- Maintain a visibility on the suppliers’ performance to identify and coordinate risks or development opportunities.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have at least 5 years’ management experience, as of 3 years’ experience managing, leading and motivating diverse groups of managers and employees
- You have at least 10 years’ experience in all aspects of Supply Chain management (supply planning, demand planning, sourcing, delivery planning, logistics, etc.)
- You possess technical skills in avionics leading edge technologies such as complex engineering systems, flight management systems, avionic hardware displays, etc.
- You have an excellent understanding of the Aerospace industry and its businesses, technologies, products, processes, and key suppliers
- You have a track record in relationship management, can demonstrate strategic thinking, and have a significant understanding of business development and associated risks, commercial issues, and customer services as well as procurement
- You are geographically flexible and have a demonstrated appetite to work with diverse cultures, and possess the aptitude to lead, manage, train and motivate a multi-disciplinary, diverse team using influential & coaching leadership skills
- You demonstrate the ability to consult, collaborate with, and influence across all levels including the most senior management both within and outside Bombardier while being able to make decisions
- You have the knowledge and capacity to understand the basics of the technologies purchased from the supplier as well as their products’ lifecycle specifics
- You are able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 01.02.2018, 8:59:04 PM