3 months ago
Hardware Engineer V
Denver, CO US
Job Description: Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset - we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We're always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
LGS is seeking a Hardware Engineer V to independently lead the design of complex digital signal processing subsystems for high reliability military applications for both harsh and benign environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Develop block diagrams of hardware design concepts from high level complex requirements
* Lead project technical teams in rapid prototyping and/or simulation of hardware design concepts to validate their performance
* Lead project technical teams in part selection and schematic entry for analog/RF/digital circuit designs
* Lead circuit technical team design through layout by providing guidance on parts placement and critical routing
* Perform FPGA VHDL and/or Verilog programming
* Troubleshoot prototype and production hardware in the lab using RF, analog, and digital test equipment
* Design experience with the following hardware design areas at the board level:
* Circuit design using custom and commercial ICs
* ADC/DAC design, implementation, and interface
* Embedded microcontrollers and associated interfacing (I2C, SPI, UART, USB)
* Power supply design: chargers, switchers and linear regulation
* High speed digital design including FPGAs, DSPs, embedded processors and related peripherals
* Interfacing to high-speed A/D and D/A converters
* RF circuit design using commercial and custom RFICs
* Sensor design
* Power budgets and thermal analysis of board level ICs
* Experience with schematic capture/PCB layout support
* FPGA development experience (VHDL, Verilog), and associated simulation, synthesis, and implementation tools
* Ability to work with embedded firmware engineers to work board level requirements
* Experience with the entire hardware design cycle, from concept to production.
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain Top Secret clearance.
* A minimum of 8 years of related experience, or a combination of education and related experience
* Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
* Knowledge of digital signal processing
* Knowledge of various communications protocols and systems
* Chassis level electrical design working with mechanical engineers to integrate PCAs into rugged housings for multi-mission requirements
* Electrical simulation tools
* Programming experience (Matlab)
* Experience developing automated testing suites to verify hardware performance
* Self-motivated personality and ability to work independently as well as on a team
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.