9 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Break down and sequence work for a crew of hand finishers that complete the finishing of spars, skins and other machined parts. Check parts; perform hand operations and any necessary rework.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Employment in this position also requires rotation of head/neck, handling, lifting and carrying less than 10 pounds, standing, bending and twisting at the waist, use of low impact vibratory tools, finger manipulation, flexion/extension, contact with metals, lubricants, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
* Determine distribution and assignment of work to crew based on production priorities and available personnel.
* Obtain and read manufacturing plans and engineering drawings to determine requirements of work to be performed.
* Facilitate flow of work by ensuring all processes are completed properly and meet engineering requirements.
* Troubleshoot problems and develop plans to resolve work issues such as finish irregularities or damage and notify appropriate personnel as required.
* Operate electric stackers and pendant controlled overhead cranes to move parts and material, as required.
* Remove burrs and break sharp edges using routers, scrapers, and sanders.
* Use hand-held power tools with rotary files, abrasive wheels, and sanding discs to fair contours, finish edges, chamfers, and radii.
* Perform necessary rework involving spotfaces, bonded patches, radii, and dimensional finishes.
* Use hand trimmers and machine trimmers to remove tooling tabs.
* Work with and train new employees to assist them in learning necessary job skills.
* Use air powered hand sanders to remove machining marks, surface irregularities, and mismatches.
* Break sharp edges of parts, as required, prior to hydroform and stretch press operations to prevent cracking of parts.
* Clean surfaces using solvents and/or water, as required.
* Wipe dry. Mark parts using vibrator pencil, steel stamps, or tags.
* Package parts (e.g., protective wrap, inter-leaf) as required.
* Contact supervisor when assistance is needed or when any problem arises.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Experience using a computer
• Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings
• Experience from a CORE PLUS program
• Training from a community and technical college manufacturing program
• Experience setting and using precision measuring tools
Contingent Upon Program Award