3 months ago
The Boeing Company is actively recruiting for a Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeing’s innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety, security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system.
The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAF’s nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systems infrastructure. The program will be starting under a three year Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract that will mature our design through PDR.
GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the lifecycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised of contracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) the Minuteman system replacement system. Our vast portfolio provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career.
Boeing Flight Engineering is looking for motivated, talented engineers to join the Boeing GBSD team in the Guidance, Navigation and Control area. Selected candidates will provide state of the art GN&C, performance analysis and simulation solutions to our customers, and will have visibility across the Boeing enterprise into modern GN&C and simulation development methods. Come join the Boeing Team!
• Support development and implementation of the GBSD GN&C system
• Support the gathering and definition of system level requirements for Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), mission or trajectory requirements definition
• Execute analysis and perform modeling of IMU sensors / GN&C elements to validate system design and missile performance
• Support Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) sensor system engineering, integration and test
• Support design & perform analysis of the Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) system, simulations, models & tools
• Support design reviews, analyses, simulations and component / system testing to ensure delivery of products that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations
• Participate in new business development efforts
• Work under close supervision
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
• Current US Secret (or higher) security clearance
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Degree (or higher)
• ABET accredited degree
• Coursework or Experience in Control Systems or Guidance, Navigation and Control System design
• Coursework or Experience in computer programming
• Coursework or Experience using Matlab/Simulink or MatrixX or similar toolset
• Coursework or Experience with control systems for aircraft, missile, spacecraft, autonomous platform or other similar vehicle Guidance, Navigation or Control systems
• Coursework or Experience in computer programming in C (C, C++, C#) or Ada
• Coursework or Experience in Modern and Optimal Control Theory
• Coursework or Experience with simulation and / or system/component modeling
• Coursework or Experience with Kalman Filter design, estimation techniques
• Coursework or Experience implementing algorithms in real time systems
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award