7 months ago
Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Program/Proposal Analyst
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58218BR Date posted 12/18/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
The GSE organization is currently seeking an experienced and energetic Program Proposal Analyst responsible for the development of Ground Support Equipment quotes to design, develop, and deliver tools and test equipment for new and existing platforms. The Analyst will report to the proposal manager and work as a team with engineering, factory operations and program office.
Specifically the analyst will support all factory tooling quotes to worldwide customers using our new automated quote tool. Other responsibilities include supporting program management with large proposals involving depot stand up and large test equipment integration.
The GSE organization is integral to all the UTAS business segments. The organization works in close alignment with the following businesses: Electric Systems, Engine Systems, Air Management Systems, Propellers and Airframe Products, with growth potential into other UTAS business units.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
* Analyze past performance cost data to provide a market competitive estimate to GSE customers
* Address customer inquiries timely and support proposal negotiations
* Interpret blueprint/drawing requirements and parts lists to estimate cost
* Solid communication skills to ensure customers inquiries are addressed timely and effectively
* Interface with Operations, Engineering and Program teams to resolve inquiries
* Ability to present large proposals to management for approval
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
* 3+ years’ experience working in engineering, finance, accounting or operations role.
* Excellent computer skills, with focus on process improvement and automation where necessary. SAP, Excel, Word, etc…
* Strong communication skills, energetic, self-starter, team oriented, and the ability to navigate competing priorities with a high level of engagement are critical to success
* Must be able interface with all aspects of organization to achieve business goals and deliver on customer commitments
Technical acumen relating to electrical and mechanical component manufacturing and assembly is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Finance, Accounting with technical acumen a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.