9 months ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for accomplishment of pilot ground school and simulator training conducted for Customers (students) receiving Initial, Recurrent or generic training courses. Measures training progress of Customer, objectively and subjectively, within the established curriculum.
* Training tasks include Lesson Planning, classroom and Simulator set-up, upkeep of current publications and training materials, act as 2nd-In-Command in multi-crew simulator situations, as necessary, evaluate Customers’ progress and performance, issues and problems, prepare documents and reports, as required.
* Occasional travel may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
* Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
* Valid Drivers’ License, where applicable.
* To join the FlightSafety team as a pilot ground and simulator instructor you must have: Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP) if teaching on a type rating aircraft. A total pilot time of 2,000 hours or more is preferred. Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating if teaching on an aircraft not requiring a type rating. A total pilot time of 1,000 hours or more is preferred. Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating or Ground Instructor Certificate (AGI) with an Instrument rating or prior experience. Acceptable prior experience includes military pilot instructor or pilot instructor in a Part 142, 135 or 121 operations. Medical Certificate is not required unless teaching in the actual aircraft. Note: All FlightSafety instructors will be hired to teach both ground school and simulator thus the higher qualification requirements of simulator instruction are stated. Qualifications are stated in terms of FAA ratings however equivalent ratings issued by another country’s aviation authority are accepted. Currency in ratings is not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Excellent Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
* Must be an excellent listener and presenter in order to meet and exceed the Customer’s expectations during the training process.
* NOTE: Ability to read, write and/or speak a foreign language may be helpful in some Centers, where applicable.
* IBM PC and/or compatible computer with printer; various standard office equipment
* General knowledge of: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred
Join a team dedicated to enhancing aviation safety. FlightSafety offers you the ability to be home with your family, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stability as demonstrated by our 65 years in business.
Additional Website Text
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.