3 months ago
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at .
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides Part 121 required Ground school instruction for the pilot group. Maintains and develops courseware. Creates and monitors the eLearning Programs required for continuing pilot qualification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provides ground school instruction for initial, upgrade, and recurrent classes for pilots.
* Creates and maintains eLearning courseware with policy changes.
* Tracks and trouble-shoots online training.
* Conducts departmental audits.
* Trains additional Instructor staff.
* Keeps abreast of all operational and regulatory changes and requirements.
* Provides technical leadership to team and department members. Leads through example; monitors, influences and trains others. Provides input to supervisor on performance reviews and helps to identify development needs.
* Performs various other duties as required.
* Specialty training beyond high school in Aviation or FAA Commercial and/or Private Pilot Certificate with at least 1 year of experience.
* Must have full knowledge of all curriculums authorized to teach.
* Experience and/or ability to teach and perform well in a classroom setting.
* Computer and eLearning skills required.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalentin Aviation and FAA ATP Certificate with at least 5 years previous experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to stand up to 70% of the time.
* Able to lift up to 25 pounds under 35% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
* Ability to travel up 10% of the time including overnight and weekend travel.