6 months ago
Ground Equipment Mechanic
Apply by Date: Jan 23, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Reporting to the Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Manager, the Ground Equipment Mechanic will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Mechanical repair to all types of ground support equipment including tow bars, work stands man lifts, hydraulic jacks, sky-check carts, mobile power carts, electric and combustion ground power units, generators, air hoses, extension cords, portable lighting, etc;
* Mechanical repair to all types of ground support vehicles including aircraft tow tractors, maintenance vehicles, passenger access lifts, forklifts and other company vehicles. Repairs include minor work such as tire changes and major work such as engine replacement;
* Preventative maintenance and inspection to all of the above ground support equipment and vehicles;
* Light painting ensuring equipment is protected and of acceptable appearance;
* Light welding using arc and other forms of welding;
* Vehicle and equipment electrical troubleshooting and repairs;
* Maintain GSE stock and deal with suppliers as required;
* Responsible handling of all controlled substances and cleanliness of GSE work area;
* Support of station equipment as directed by the Manager;
* Other related duties as assigned;
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers;
* Shift work and travel may be required.
* The successful candidate will have Grade 12, complimented by an Auto Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Mechanic Trade certificate.
* Experience in a mechanic trade environment is an asset.
* Previous experience with aviation equipment is an asset.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Ability to obtain an airport AVOP (Airport Vehicle Operators Permit).
* Candidates must be skilled in automotive repair, analysis and electrical systems.
* Light welding skills would be considered a definite asset.
* The incumbent must possess excellent communication skills, have a strong work ethic and be willing to accept the challenge of a high volume of work.