12 months ago
Moog Inc, was founded in 1951 when Bill Moog had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company that we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Our lines of precision motion control technology can be seen at the forefront of military and commercial aircraft markets, space exploration, and oil and gas markets to name a few.
Moog Space & Defense Group is looking for a
Grind Manufacturing Development Machinist!
Your primary duties will be precision OD / surface grind development work with a wide range of various raw materials & complex grind setups to perform.
You will be responsible for performing precision machining operations to create, repair, or alter a wide variety of complex parts, fixtures, tooling, sub-assemblies and assemblies of all types of materials.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
· Creation, rework and repair of tooling and fixturing as well as development, prototype, R&D and production hardware in the form of piece parts or components.
o This includes planning, fixturing and layout of the job and can involve establishing extremely close tolerances, critical surfaces and finishes.
o Additionally, some skilled bench work may be required such as filing, scraping, lapping, fitting, timing, indexing, assembling, and adjusting to insure satisfactory operation.
· Responsibility for the inspection and quality of all work performed, including detecting unusual conditions, defective materials, as well as recognizing errors in blueprints and operation sheets.
· Working to a well-defined set of instructions, however technical decisions are expected in the areas of fixturing, tooling, set-up, and inspection methods.
· Collecting data for studies and analysis.
We would like for you to meet the following education and experience requirements:
* You must have a High School Diploma plus 7 years Machinist experience OR an Associate’s Degree in a related field plus 3 years Machinist experience OR Additional Trades Training plus 3 years Machinist experience.
· Knowledge of CNC Grind equipment is certainly a plus along with Shigiha programming experience.
· Successful candidates must possess additional skills in CNC Lathe & Mill machining.
* The ability to interpret complex drawings, sketches, and operation sheets.
* Carry out multi-step processes with a high degree of accuracy.
* Able to run several different types of machines with concentration or specialization in one area.
* Effectively navigate web-based computer applications as well as Moog Business Systems and database programs.
We’re looking for an independent thinker with problem-solving skills and initiative.
Someone who can shift priorities with ease and show flexibility in changing work demands.
Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills are essential.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!