Operating at the EH/AW101 platform level, the job holder will:-
• Provide coordination, preparation and support to the running of the EH/AW101 Failure Review Board (FRB), for all 101 platforms.
• Manage and deliver timely FRB action resolution.
• Working in conjunction with relative PSE functions, produce candidate items for FRB review and adoption.
• Liaise with the PSE Data and Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) teams to monitor implemented FRB solutions to ensure all successes and any learning aspects are fully highlighted.
• Provide a consolidated platform view of support issues originating from the FRB and support platform level reviews as required.
• Support to the FRB with the clear focus on the promotion of Continuous Improvement resulting in improved equipment and aircraft reliability, thus leading to reduction in overall Cost of Ownership.
• Provision of Project Management support to In-Service Support Issues, as required.
• Interface with multiple Product Support Engineering (PSE) functions and the wider Business to ensure timely resolution of issues.
Key Responsibility Areas
Support to FRB
• The coordination, preparation of and support to the running of the EH/AW101 FRB for all EH/AW101 platforms.
• Maintain and develop the FRB data base and reporting requirements.
• Provide a consolidated platform view of support issues originating from the FRB and their status and support platform level reviews as required.
• Considerations when dealing with FRB topics must include, but not be limited to:
o Future prevention,
o Cross platform application
o Consider Implementation
Support to In-Service Issues
• The coordination and timely delivery of In-Service Support on all EH/AW101 variants and to all AW101 customers across AW geographies.
• Delivery of technical resolutions, ensuring that all aspects of support to the aircraft have been considered, including maintenance policy.
Programme management and reporting
• Contribute to and support the definition of, efficient delivery of reports highlighting achievements, progress, risks and customer satisfaction.
• Where required, arrange funding via customer Tasked Activity or company Private Venture (PV); through the preparation of sanctions, business cases and Company Work Orders (CWO).
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships and processes with CS&S BU and Core Function personnel and wider Business, supporting effective operation and communication.
• Work closely with all areas of PSE; in particular Platform Improvement for the successful implementation of Product Improvements.
• Create/enable an environment for continuous improvement of performance in terms of output, cost of delivery and effectiveness.
• This role may require you to drive 1000 or more business miles each year.
• You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
• Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 – Workers Responsibilities.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering, or educated to a relevant HNC level, ideally with an Engineering apprenticeship.
• Technical knowledge and experience of rotary aircraft and associated systems supported by thorough knowledge of aircraft support operations.
• The aptitude to collect, collate, analyse and present complex technical information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally.
• The ability to work autonomously to meet broad objectives, engaging the appropriate SMEs & team members as and when necessary.
• To be resilient under pressure and maintain a clear focus on goals and priorities.
• Sound interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to contribute, support, motivate, and co-ordinate, whilst displaying strong diplomacy and awareness of cultural and political issues.
• Good communication and presentation skills to ensure that all Stakeholders understand the impact and authority levels at which this position operates
• The capacity, where appropriate, to operate at functional management level in both Customer and Industry meeting and forums.
• The capability to build long-term relationships/partnerships with internal and external specialists /suppliers to maximise business effectiveness.