about 1 year ago
What does a Government Affairs Specialist do for Allegiant?
The Government Affairs Specialist assists in creating and fostering positive relationships with politicians, business and community leaders, and government officials.
What are some of the daily duties of a Government Affairs Specialist?
* Manage contributions, disbursements, and reporting requirements for the Allegiant PAC
* Support the Government Affairs team in fostering/managing relationships with politicians, community leaders, and government officials
* Review relevant pieces of proposed state and federal legislation, analyze the impact to the industry and to Allegiant and communicate such impact to relevant parties
* Track meeting with politicians and ensure regular meetings with key leaders
* Prepare Allegiant statistical and market data ahead of meetings with political leaders
* Analyze and recommend political sponsorship opportunities
* Perform other job related duties as requested
What are the minimum requirements to be a Government Affairs Specialist?
* Bachelor’s Degree required.
* 1 years’ experience in government affairs
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Government Affairs Specialist?
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid work environment
* Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be able to work in an autonomous, flexible environment
* Strong analytical skills
* Familiarity with political and legislative process
* Must pass a year background check and year pre-employment drug test
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Government Affairs Specialist?
* Must be able and willing to travel – up to 15%