3 months ago
American Airlines is working to create the greatest airline in the world. American is again strong, profitable and competitive. As we build momentum we are looking for people who want to be part of the company’s vision.
Join us for an internship with endless possibilities.
American serves the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
The Government Affairs Internship is a developmental assignment that provides interns with real-time work projects, leadership development opportunities, as well as an opportunity to learn about the legislative process, our company and the airline industry.
The Government Affairs Intern will support the Government and Regulatory Affairs teams in the Washington, D.C. office. The position is full time for 6-8 weeks over the summer. The intern will support our team by:
* Researching and analyzing legislative and regulatory proposals that impact American
* Attending and reporting on government, industry, trade association, and public policy events and forums, including congressional hearings that impact American
* Supporting the planning and execution of events and assist with American participation in government and industry events
* Creating and editing content, including policy memos and internal/external presentations
* Performing other ad hoc research and administrative projects as assigned
An ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
* Currently enrolled in an accredited university as an undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in public policy, law, and/or political science. Aviation interest a plus
* Strong analytical skills, work ethic and a positive attitude
* Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and juggle multiple projects at once
* Ability to work under pressure and display flexibility and creativity
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Organization and attention to detail
* Excellent research skills and experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 19106
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Intern, Summer Internship, Entry Level, Aviation