6 months ago
Global Sourcing - IT, Compliance, and Supplier Relationship Specialist
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58640BR Date posted 01/04/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
The Central Engineering Organization has oversight of all engineering sites and provides strategic direction for Lean Transformation, Best in Class Processes, helping create strong discipline development and manages various cross BU initiatives. We drive development and adoption of common standards, provide rapid access to distributed expertise, and help facilitate use of tools, skills, and facilities.
This role requires a high level of analytical skills which will be used to manage supplier sites. In this role you will be responsible for IT and connectivity related issues for our outsource suppliers. You will oversee the supplier to ensure that they are compliant with all outsource rules and regulations. You will be responsible for the oversight of the foreign national work authorization system for suppliers. You will manage the Engineering Service Sourcing Board meetings. The role also requires someone who will manage the supplier relationship.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with UTC and UTAS IT resources and suppliers supporting UTAS SOW’s. Coordinate and liaise with UTC and UTAS IT to ensure contractor work IAW UTC IT policies, procedures and regulations are followed.
- Create procedures and manage system access to the UTAS/UTC network for Worldwide SOW contractors.
- Provide guidance, audit systems and conduct weekly/monthly security meetings with contractor site security officers.
- Responsible for hardware upgrades at UTAS KCF’s which enable direct connection to the UTAS/UTC network.
- Manage UTAS/UTC required training to include ITC, IT security, IP and EHS. Assist in the creation and audit procedures and conduct periodic reviews of KCF sites and contractor training programs.
- Provide oversight for critical weekly/monthly sourcing related reports provided by suppliers and used by UTAS leadership to make business decisions.
- Manage UTAS Foreign National work authorization system to include documentation provided to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for H1B visas. Responsible for UTAS’s response to US Department of States Request for Information (RFI) requests for foreign nationals supporting UTAS SOW’s.
- Manage IT software and hardware cost for all US based SOW contractor companies. Disposition Service Requests and process invoices for contractor companies. Manage UTAS Sourcing Share point site.
Manages UTAS One Company and other supplier relationship
- Conduct periodic reviews with outsourcing supplier leadership covering past, current and future spend, key performance metrics and capabilities to accomplish different discipline/types of work and suppliers’ ability able to meet UTC/UTAS quality initiatives.
- Chairperson for the UTAS Engineering Service Sourcing Board (ESSB). Lead all ESSB meetings, provide guidance to members of the board to ensure the proper conduct of board meeting. Manage UTAS Productivity Improvement and Supplier Exception system.
- Collect data and create a quarterly supplier forecast for use by One Company Suppliers.
- Assist with Supplier Quarterly reviews with select One Company supplier. Review and provide feedback for slides used in quarterly review. Attend reviews and provide feedback to suppliers before, during and post review.
- Provides guidance on Outsourcing/SOW to all UTAS BU’s requiring non-product engineering support. Responsible for creating outsourcing policies and procedure in support of UTAS outsourcing/SOW.
Strong knowledge of excel, macros, software automation of processes.
Excellent communication skills
Strong organization skills
Working understanding of network hardware/software to include Firewalls, Routers and VPN (Aventail) software
Strong teamwork, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Working knowledge and experience with interfacing with vendors
Thorough understanding of and experience with project management, negotiations and data analysis
Ability to evaluate software packages for UTAS-wide use
Mindset to continually improve our process.
Education: Requires a University Degree and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.