7 months ago
We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Keeping the World in Motion
The Timken Company engineers and manufactures bearings and mechanical power transmission components including gear drives, couplings, belts, chain and lubrication systems. We also offer a spectrum of industrial services including bearing repair and powertrain rebuild. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more almost 15,000 employees operating from 31 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.
A History of Innovation
If you’re considering a career at Timken, it says a lot about who you are. You believe a great idea has the power to change the world. So do we. In 1899, Henry Timken changed the way things turn with the tapered roller bearing. More than 100 years later, our associates are still moving the world forward through innovation, with the talent and skills to turn our concepts into reality.
At The Timken Company, you will have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the company. While working independently or in a team environment, you will develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help you launch your career. Our internship positions allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. At Timken, we place great value on our interns and our positions are structured to maximize your hands-on experience.
Timken brings to you what matters most as an intern:
* Competitive salary
* Real-world experience that provides an edge upon graduation
* Access to the latest technologies
* Team-based environment in a high-tech setting
* Career mentoring
* Vendor Consolidation Project – global in nature focusing on external vendors to minimize duplication risk, improve efficiencies, etc
* Standardization of Annual Business Planning & Material Costing process
* Global SharePoint Optimization Project
* Global DPO (Days Payable Outstanding) Extension Project – review, analyze and recommend external suppliers for extension
* These projects afford students the opportunity to work with and understand global supply chains, along with the importance of master data. This opportunity also allows students to work with internal and external customers, suppliers who are global in nature as well as our own internal sr leaders at our World Headquarters.
* Majors sought: Business
Business Degree (with IT experience)
Prior intern experience preferred
* Year in school: finishing 2nd year at a minimum
* Full-time student (12 semester hours or more) attending an accredited four-year university
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.