4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for monitoring assigned supplier quality performance. Track metrics & work quality improvement plans addressing problem areas. Review & qualify quality plans. Investigate quality escapes & ensure minimal impact. Provide root cause investigations & ensure effective corrective actions are taken / tracked. Develop & work initiatives to positively impact quality performance across Sourcing. Mentor suppliers in the use of quality tools & requirements. Provide onsite support as necessary.
In addition you will :
* Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development
* Review supplier submitted routers and first article data to determine part conformance and process capability
* Own supplier improvement plans related to MRB & QEM’s and drive reductions through manufacturing improvements and engineering design changes
* Drive quality investigations across all organizations to develop root cause and effective corrective action plans
* Lead and provide investigation updates across customers, regulators and business leadership
* Use data analytics to identify risks and opportunities for quality improvement and escape prevention
* Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
* SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors
* Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for procurement requirements
* Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels
* Communicates across direct organization
* Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy
* Assists in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice
* Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain
* Advises Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures within own field
* Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering, Production Quality or Manufacturing
* Significant knowledge of manufacturing and special processes related to machining and fabrications
* Ability to review part fixturing vs datums and walk special process to determine if requirements are being met
* Solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Ability to review restraining conditions and gauging to determine if part is adequately held and inspected to blueprint
* Strategic thinking skills that enable development of systematic changes across the supply base to improve quality
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.