about 1 year ago
Thank you for your interest in the General Manager Agency and Digital Sales - China. This position will be based in Shanghai.
The China Sales team is looking for a leader to the join the China leadership team to lead the growth of agency revenue and market share, collaborating with key stakeholders to address the top priorities, making Delta the preferred US Carrier for business travelers in mainland China, as well as developing and strengthening partner relationship with MU and growing sales in secondary cities.
* Leading the agency and digital sales teams to meet/exceed DL revenue and market share targets with an emphasis on RASM improvement.
* Owning the implementation of regional and country specific programs at the ground level and monitoring their effectiveness.
* Coaching and mentoring the field sales managers in the deployment of targeted programs for performance improvement, reversal of negative trending performance and the capture of managed and unmanaged revenue.
* Spearheading the initiatives of expanding distribution reach in China, including approaching new channels and agencies.
* Building and developing relationship with senior executives of targeted accounts.
* Developing and enhancing collaborations with key internal stakeholders such as Sales Development, Global Sales, US Specialty, Distribution, Revenue Management and other DL departments.
* Working closely with counterparts from MU on key initiatives and projects, such as codeshare sales, joint agency visits and product promotions, secondary sales planning and executions.
* Innovating and supporting Delta's objectives to become the most Chinese friendly US carrier.
* Building and promoting Delta brand by representing Delta at Industry Forums, Corporate Social Activities, and customer events etc.
* Fostering best practices in sales force productivity and skill development, while instilling "Rules of the Road" and re-enforcing the positive Delta culture.
* Evolving the Sales organization and strengthen the leadership pipeline.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in airline commercial areas, or travel management companies.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or business related master's degree preferred.
* Excellent negotiation expertise with travel agencies, tour operators, global alliances and governmental entities.
* Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with a track record of collaborative accomplishments working with cross-functional teams.
* Experience in the design and development of detailed sales plans with various programs available to customers.
* Ability to build collaborative strategies around advertising, tariffs, routings, schedules and equipment and other competitive components.
* Experience in identifying and conducting promotional activities to enhance product exposure and increase revenues.
* Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, decision-making, teamwork, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Business acumen should include a proven ability to perform in both strategic and analytical disciplines.
* Fluency in English and Mandarin are required.
* Excellent understanding of the travel industry, market conditions, competitive threats and opportunities, and how they interact in the international marketplace.
* Strong overall knowledge of working in a matrix environment.
* Ability to lead and execute in a fast changing, diverse environment
* Working knowledge and experience with key software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required, with demonstrated ability to speak confidently before large groups and effectively conduct meetings.
* Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment, be highly motivated, flexible and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
* Must hold valid passport and be willing to travel.
Qualified Candidates: When applying, please upload an English version of your resume.