3 months ago
POSITION TITLE: GENERAL MANAGER
SUMMARY: Support airlines by overseeing aircraft ground-handling services station operations including but not limited to wide- and narrow-body ramp, baggage and cabin cleaning services, GSE maintenance, primary customer service and liaison, and identification
of new business opportunities. Will oversee managers and support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Understand contract requirements and customer expectations.
• Determine and maintain the necessary and appropriate amount of personnel and equipment necessary to fulfill these requirements.
• While understanding the work requirements, plan and organize the most efficient use of resources to meet these requirements through development and analysis of employee and equipment work schedules.
• Direct people and maintain equipment to efficiently complete the tasks within established company standards. This is achieved through disciplined following of work schedules in line with established company standards.
• Know company policies and interpret manuals in order to relate the interpretations to subordinates.
• Thorough understanding and evaluation of IROP situations.
• Monitor and/or conduct required training of personnel.
• Provide employee counseling and discipline as needed.
• Be responsible for the security of company funds, supplies, and equipment.
• Be responsible for insuring compliance with established company safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain working relationship with customers and provide prompt response to service requests.
• Actively search for and report to Regional Vice-President future business opportunities.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess at least a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Five years' progressive management experience including customer service, ground handling of commercial aircraft, or wide- and narrow-body aircraft.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
• Must pass a drug test/ background check and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds in confined spaces.
• Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
• Knowledge of applicable FAA regulations, including standard security program and OSHA regulations or Bachelor's Degree in business.
• Familiar with GSE maintenance procedures.
• Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
• Some travel required
ATS employees should apply through UltiPro
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer