10 months ago
The Lavatories & Water Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories and Water Waste Systems Advanced Lavatory is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories and Water Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a General Accountant in our Lavatories & Water Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Controller the General Accountant applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures
Primary duties and responsibilities
* Financial Reporting & Analysis:
* Preparation of key financial KPIs in a timely manner
* Coordinate annual budget and monthly forecast cycle of department spending, ensuring budget owners are furnished with timely and accurate reporting, insightful analysis and financial support.
* Support the balance sheet forecasting activities.
* Support corporate shared services through the reporting and analysis of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable sub-ledgers, assisting with issue resolution.
* Help identify and provide financial analysis and support around cost reduction/control initiatives.
* Provides ad hoc financial analysis in support of site business leaders and other cross functional departmental personnel.
* Participates in Month End closing process and performs monthly closing activities including preparation of journal entries as well as pre and post entry analysis.
* Ensures the primary general ledger(s) reconciles to the ERP subsidiary and consolidation application ledgers.
* Assists with the period end balance sheet account reconciliation process & compilation.
* Site focal for accounts receivable activities
* Timely and accurate processing and analysis of manual credit notes and re-bills.
* Ensures Intercompany trading activities, allocations & expense transfers are processed in accordance with business policy.
* Site finance focal for Freight, Purchasing and Travel expense applications, ensuring transactions are processed accurately.
* Assists the Site Controller and global aftermarket team as necessary.
SOX & Internal Control:
* Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures and controls.
* Provides support and assistance in the maintenance and monitoring of internal control compliance.
* Assists with internal and external financial audits and SOX compliance. Gathers supporting documentation and reports and assists in the resolution of questions/issues.
* Promote adherence to local delegation of authority
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business from a four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and or work experience.
* Minimum of 2 years relevant accounting/finance work experience
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills
* Knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One/World
* Knowledge of Oracle EPM Applications
* Experience with ad-hoc report writing software
* Lean manufacturing knowledge & experience
* Masters Degree, CPA, or similar is preferred.
* Role holder must be able to work under own initiative
* Ability to communicate across all levels of the business including senior management
* Requires senior level proficiency in theoretical concepts and applied principles and practices of area of specialty
* Supports cross-functional clients & multiple business disciplines
* Leads complex projects
* Manages complex programs
* Direction given in: projects
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.