4 months ago
The Chemical Controls Technician will be responsible for day-to-day running chemical reactors.
In addition, the Chemical Controls Technician will:
* Operate coating machines to produce chemical intermediate for aviation CMC raw materials
* Serve as a resource to other technicians in trouble shooting and identifying equipment issues
* Operate controls equipment that controls multiple high-temperature reactions
* Control multi-faceted, safety critical vacuum process at high temps
* Monitor various gauges, reactions
* Operate a distributed and automated control system
* Monitor chemical levels and maintain process chemical supply levels
* Conduct routine maintenance and operation of process systems and equipment across assigned process zone and occasionally in cross functional areas
* Conduct work practices with safety and quality in mind in a 24 / 7 production environment
* Complete required business and regulatory process documentation
* Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
* Be responsible for ensuring facility equipment and inventory / consumable levels are accurate
* Participate and actively engage in quality and continuous improvement projects
* Communicate effectively with peers, management, & external stakeholders
* Ability to work the second shift / night shifts
* Utilize business software such as ERP and quality / EHS software
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma / GED
* 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, or training certificate applicable to one of the four manufacturing areas
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Willing to rotate to a new team / different shift
* Ability to work the second shift / night shifts as needed
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* 3-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, or training certificate applicable to one of the four manufacturing areas
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Delaware; Newark
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.