about 1 year ago
This rotational developmental program is focused on the students who want to gain deep knowledge and skills of turbine airfoils advanced technology through multiple co-op/intern rotations at our Dayton Cores and Casting Facility with the goal of a direct hire opportunity upon graduation to further develop domain expertise.
Three rotations in no specific order will include:
Rotation: Cores Engineering
* Develop representative/real-time view of cores metrics
* Design and build tooling using additive technology
* Process improvement project – slurry/injection/firing/inspection
* Automation/Robotics opportunities
* Work with teams to learn processes and identify tooling needs
* Design and model in UG software
* Use available resources for fabrication (CNC, Machine shop, etc)
Rotation: Casting Engineering
* Analyze processes and work on process improvement opportunities
* Use process data to implement process controls
* Assist in qualification of new tools and/or cores
Students may also gain some exposure/experience in the areas of Quality, Production Control and Environmental Health & Safety
* Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
* Working towards a degree of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Chemical Engineering
* Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
* Completed on full year of college (rising second year)
* Reliable transportation to/from work location
* Our positions require access to export controlled information. Due to that requirement, you must be one of the following: (1) U.S. Citizen or National; (2) U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident; (3) Person granted Refugee status in the United States; (4) Person granted Asylee status in the United States; (5) A Special Agricultural Worker under section 210 or (6) a beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program under section 245A of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act.
Preferred Graduation Dates: 2020, 2021 and 2022
* Strong commitment to career in technical manufacturing and production
* An analytic approach to problem solving
* Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
* Willingness and ability to learn from others
* Demonstrated leadership and a team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* One who strives for academic success
* Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
* Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.