about 1 year ago
Keyword: Gauge and Tool Inspector
Request Number: PPL-Vérificateur jauges/outils
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4347-Gauge Inspection
Sector: MED - Tooling
Level required: 501- Inspector Tools & gauges
Posting Start Date: 2018-02-28
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial, regional, and general aviation aircraft and helicopters. With more than 60,000 engines in service in over 200 countries and territories, we are proud to be responsible for powering an aircraft that takes off or lands somewhere in the world every second of every day.
We are known for our culture of innovation and investment in R&D, our commitment to employee career advancement, and for giving our experts an excellent work-life balance. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefits package and rotating work hours in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
Power your life. Go Beyond with a career at Pratt and Whitney.
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is powered by people like you.
At Pratt & Whitney Canada, our passion and commitment for our manufacturing employees has created a culture of excellence where everyone works together to meet high quality standards, no matter how demanding. As a gauge and tool inspector, you will be an integral part of this environment, working closely with other team members and communicating with internal customers and suppliers. You will make sure that essential equipment is up to the task of producing the world’s most trusted aircraft engines.
Are you up for the challenge?
The successful candidate will possess a keen attention to detail and a flair for problem solving based on rigorous logic and careful analysis. You are someone who enjoys taking initiative, demonstrating your resourcefulness and tackling complex technical challenges. You are a perfectionist who accepts no compromises when it comes to maintaining standards and recognizes that in a sophisticated manufacturing environment, workers depend on every single tool and machine to do the job right. You take pride in your work as an inspector because you know that it empowers your colleagues to succeed in their work.
Specific responsibilities of position: You will be responsible for inspecting gauges, templates and cutting tools to ensure they meet exacting quality standards. In particular, you will play a crucial role in setting up and operating a range of measurement and inspection devices by:
• Selecting, calibrating, adjusting and using precision measuring instruments, both in a lab environment and on the production floor
• Calibrating various devices such as CMM and balancing machines
• Setting precision measuring instruments to validate dimensions, angles and contours to exceptionally tight tolerances
• Performing IT transactions related to verification and calibration of equipment
You will also be closely involved in setting standards and perfecting inspection processes by:
• Determining the most effective verification methods based on drawings, computer software and various inspection documents and specifications
• Establishing measurement and testing standards using the proper equipment
• Performing highly complex setting to ensure compliance with manufacturing quality standards
Your exceptional mathematical and analytical capabilities will prove essential when:
• Performing simple mathematical calculations involving the use of trigonometry and geometry
• Creating and maintaining simple trigonometric spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
Your role will also provide you with opportunities to:
• Take part in training to develop your existing skills and acquire new competencies
• Travel to other P&WC facilities
Qualifications required: Requirements:
• College diploma in aeronautics or mechanical engineering
• Two to five years of relevant experience in the field of aeronautics
• Functional spoken and written English and French
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including mathematical functions of Excel
• Proficiency in SAP, Catia V5 and Cosmos software for CMM
Although each application is taken into consideration, only selected candidates will be contacted. Before being invited for an interview, candidates must first pass a theoretical and practical test.
Field of studies: Aeronautics
Additional Information: Vacation, benefits and competitive salary. Rotating working hours. In accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force;
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.