3 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Sets up and operates carburizing and hardening furnaces and related equipment in heat treating roller bearing components to specifications.
* Receives instructions and directions from Lead Manufacturing Associate and work assignments from Supervisor.
* Sets up heat treating equipment. Changes various changeover parts such as holding fixtures and quench plugs. Makes adjustments to equipment such as adjusting cylinder stroke, limit switches, conveyor speeds, etc.
* Operates heat treat furnaces, quench presses and cooler-washer-rinse-dryer units to carburize, temper, harden, quench, draw, cool, wash, rinse and dry bearing parts.
* Checks product visually for surface defects and dimensionally for conformance to specifications using various measuring instruments.
* Lights up furnaces by opening and adjusting air and gas valves. Shuts down furnaces by closing valves. Assists maintenance personnel in making major repairs.
* Responsible for quality and quality of work produced in assigned production area.
* Performs a number of miscellaneous duties such as fracturing and examining test pieces after heat treatment, procuring tooling at tool crib; handling and transporting materials, tools and equipment in and about department; and keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
THE ABOVE STATEMENT REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL OF THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.